Q: Why does Kanopy say my access to Johnson County Library and Olathe Public Library is blocked?
Accessing our Kanopy collection requires two pieces:
- Creating a Kanopy account. You'll need to provide an email address and create a password.
- Adding a Library membership. You'll need a valid Library card number and PIN/password.
A Library card number (for your "Library membership") can only be assigned to one Kanopy account at a time.
A Kanopy account's Library membership will be deactivated/blocked for various reasons, such as a period of inactivity where you haven't used Kanopy in a while, your Library card number or PIN/password has changed, or your Library card has been marked "lost" in our system.
If you're having trouble:
- logging into your Kanopy account, try resetting your password for Kanopy.
- accessing your Library membership for Johnson County Library and Olathe Public Library, login to your Kanopy account and try reactivating your library membership by re-entering your valid Library card number and PIN/password.
If you continue to have trouble, contact us with the following information so we can investigate further:
- Library card number
- Email address used on your Kanopy account
- The exact error message or a description of the problem (screenshots are very helpful)
- A description of the steps you took that led to the error
Last Updated: Mar 20, 2023 Views: 69
Answered By: Hope H.