Q: What should I do when pages in my Axis 360 eBook get stuck and won't turn, appear blank, or don't retain progress and jump back to the beginning of a chapter?
For general information about how to turn pages and access eBook settings, see How do I turn pages and find settings for my Axis 360 eBook?
On some devices the page turning had not been working as expected. To address these glitches in the eBook "reader" part of the app, Axis 360 released the following updates:
- App version 5.1 (February 2020): The core aspects of the reader were updated to address some of these issues.
- App version 5.1.7 (April 2020): The reader was updated to address page freezing, page jumping, and unexpected blank pages. Audiobook bookmarking and last position also improved.
First: Make sure you have the most recent version of the app installed from your app store. When in doubt, you can always uninstall and re-install the app, and clearing the cache and data in the app is another way to start with a clean slate.
If the problem persists:
- Contact us. Let us know information about your device (model, operating system version) and the steps you take that lead to the issue. We will report it to the Axis 360 Support Team for further investigation.
- Meanwhile, temporary workarounds: If your eBook pages still don't advance as expected, here are suggestions for navigating through the book until the next app release. Tap at the top of the screen to activate the eBook controls, then:
- at the bottom use the progress/scrub bar to go to the desired page, or
- from the menu at the top left, select Go to Page and enter the page number.