Q: How do I use the Naxos Music Library World app through Johnson County Library?
Follow these steps to create your own account for the Naxos Music Library app:
- Go to Naxos Music Library World from our eLibrary. (If outside the Library, you will be asked to login with your Library card number and PIN/password.)
- Select Playlists from the top menu of the Naxos website.
- Select Sign up to create a Member Playlist account.
- Fill out the form and select Register New Account Now.
- Go to your email account and look for a message that allows you to activate your Naxos account.
Then just download the app and login with your email address and password that you created!
No need to follow the "Connect with your Institution" link if it appears at the bottom of the screen. You just need your Naxos username and password.
If you have previously created a Naxos account but don't remember your password, you can either create a new Naxos account with a different email address or reset the password for your existing account. Password resets can be a little tricky if you're outside of the library.
Resetting passwords: Use the "Forgot password" option to receive an email with a link to reset your password. If the you are outside the library, that link may result in an error page. If so, try this:
- From the email, copy the link's web address.
- Paste it into the address bar of a web browser (but do not hit Enter or Go yet).
- Then copy and paste the following in front of that address: https://ezproxy.jocolibrary.org/login?url=
So the full URL in the address bar might look something like: https://ezproxy.jocolibrary.org/login?url=https://api.naxosmusiclibrary.com/NML/Auth/....
- Then hit Enter or Go, and the reset page should load.
If you run into trouble, contact us.