Q: How do I pause my holds while I'm on vacation?
- Log in to your online account.
- Click on your username in the top right corner.
- Under My Borrowing, choose "On Hold."
- Select the item you would like to pause and click "Pause." The From date will automatically be set to today. You may change it, as needed. Click on the calendar in the Until box to choose the earliest date you would like your hold to be available. Then click "Yes, pause holds" to complete the process.
- To pause all holds that are not currently available, use the left menu bar to click on "Not Ready." This will display all holds that are not in transit to your pick up location, or already at your pick up location. Click the box at the top of your Not Ready Holds list. Then click "Pause." Again, the From date will be set to today, and you may set the Until box to the earliest date you would like your holds to be available. Click "Yes pause holds" to complete the process.
Now, when you look in the left menu bar, you will see a new cateory of holds called "Paused." You may come back at any time to alter the end date of holds you have paused.
To alter the end date of a paused hold, or remove the paused dates, log in to your user account. Under My Borrowing, choose "On Hold." In the left menu bar, choose "Paused."
- To end the paused process, click on "Resume" on any items you wish to resume to an active hold
- To alter the date, look where it says "Paused until [date], and use the calender to select a new date to end the pause on your hold
- To resume or alter multiple items at once, use the check boxes to select more than one item or use the check box at the very top to select all. Proceed with resuming or altering the dates on paused holds using the buttons at the top of your Paused On Hold list.