Q: Where can I find a form for a living will?

The Library's online resource, Gale Legal Forms can be accessed from home with a library card and PIN on our website. Choose the button for Wills & Estates. There are several various forms to choose from. 

You may also call Center for Practical Bioethics816-221-2002. Users can also download a form from the website. Kansas requires that the form be witnessed or notarized. Missouri requires notarization. The Center for Practical Bioethics recommends that users do both, witness and notarization for ease of transport between the states should a person move.

For general form, see KSA 58-632 at http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2011_12/statute/ Type in 58-632.

For more info including state-specific forms, go to Caring Connections, "Download Your State Specific Advance Directive" can be found on the front page.http://www.caringinfo.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=1

The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association is another source for living wills.
Send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your request to: 
Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
2300 Main St., Suite 100
Kansas City, MO 64108

The Kansas Dept. for Aging and Disability Services has a publication called Resource Guide for Seniors that contains legal forms such as Durable Power of Attorney, Living Will, etc. The forms are also in the web version - scroll to the bottom for the Forms section. 

Last Updated: Oct 26, 2017     Views: 87
Answered By: Admin Account