Q: How do I compare school districts?
- Accountability Report profiles statewide educational achivement in KS, including national test scores and state assessments of mathematics, reading, and writing. http://www.ksde.org/Default.aspx?tabid=228 Also available in print at Central Resource Library Ref 379.158 Kansas.
- Assessment Report is a review of performance on state assessments for the most recently completed school year. It deals only with assessment information on a statewide basis and disaggregates information by race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, disability status, English proficiency, gender and migrant status. The information from this report is incorporated into the Accountability Report, but is pulled out here for ease of use. http://www.ksde.org/Default.aspx?tabid=233
- KSDE Report Card 2010-2011 performance reports: http://online.ksde.org/rcard/
- Missouri DESE (Department of Elementary and Secondary Education) Missouri Comprehensive Data System provides numerous data at state, district, and individual school levels. http://dese.mo.gov/school-data
KC Metro Area:
- Hard Copy: "Kansas City Area Public School District Guide, 2011," by CERI, Inc. Several branches have older versions of this. Only CRL has newest edition.
To have pages faxed to another branch, just call the reference desk.
- National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)</a> publishes annual statistical reports for education at national, state, and local levels. http://nces.ed.gov
The Condition of Education reports significant trends and developments in education from pre-K through graduate education using current demographic and assessment data. http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/
The Digest of Education Statistics details statistics at the national, state and local levels,including revenues, expenditures,graduation/dropout rates, and SAT scores. http://nces.ed.gov/programs/digest/
The NCES also publishes School Distric Demographics compiled from census data. http://nces.ed.gov/surveys/sdds/
- Nations Report Card publishes assessments of progress at the national and state levels for students at grades 4, 8, and 12 in the subject areas of reading, mathematics, science, writing, U.S. history, civis, geography, and the arts. http://nces.ed.gov/nationsreportcard
- Measuring Up 2008: The National Report Card for Higher Education published by National Center for Public Policy and Higher Education grades the educational performance of states in the areas of preparation, participation, affordability, completion,and benefits. Compairisons are possible between states and between reports of 2004 and 2006. You can also view older reports from 2000 and 2002. http://measuringup2008.highereducation.org/
- Rate My Teachers: Middle, junior high and high school students anonymously rate their teachers according to their easieness, helpfulness, clarity, and overall quality. Volunteer administrators review submissions for appropriateness. Students can search by the name of the school or browse schools by name and state. http://www.ratemyteachers.com/school
Last Updated: Oct 26, 2017 Views: 69
Answered By: Admin Account