Q: Where can I find information about Thomas Hart Benton?
- There is a local museum, in Kansas City, MO. (See Below for info).
- You can do a subject search in the library's catalog to find biographies, as well as books on his art work.
- You may also visit the Nelson-Atkins Museum and their library. The museum owns several of Benton's works, making the the largest public collection of his art.
Thomas Hart Benton Home & Studio State Historic Site: 3616 Bellview, Kansas City, MO, (816) 931-5722
Knowledgeable interpreters conduct guided tours of the Thomas Hart Benton Home and Studio State Historic Site. At this time, there is no set schedule for tours; they can begin whenever you arrive during open hours. Each tour takes approximately 45 minutes and includes the first and second floor of Benton's home and the interior of his studio. There are stairs to access the second floor of the house. For those unable to climb stairs, informational booklets with descriptive text and photographs are available.
- Open Hours, April - October: Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Sundays: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM; Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Open Hours, November - March: Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Sundays 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM; Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's days.