Q: I've checked out an eMagazine from the library's website but can't get it to download in Zinio.
Note: The Zinio eMagazines from the Library are now available in the RBdigital app or website. RBdigital provides content from both Zinio for Libraries (eMagazines) and OneClickdigital (eAudiobooks) for easy access. Learn more about eMagazines from RBdigital.
Here are a few options for troubleshooting in the Zinio app:
- Log in to the Zinio app with the same email address you used to log in to the library's RBdigital Digital Gateway to check out. (Your Zinio account is separate from your RBdigital Gateway library account, but they must use the same email address.)
- If you need to create a Zinio account, Sign up at www.zinio.com. Then log in to the Zinio app.
Remove and restore
- Go to the LIBRARY/READ section of the app (icon is an open book). At the top you can sort by DATE or TITLE, and you can EDIT. Select EDIT.
- REMOVE allows you to delete emagazine files stored on the device. If a magazine issue only partially downloaded, try deleting it.
- RESTORE allows you to download any emagazines that have been checked out or purchased for the Zinio account. If a particular magazine issue does not appear, try checking it out again from the library’s RBdigital Gateway website then logging back into the Zinio app and going to through the restore process.
- DONE when you’re finished removing/restoring.
- Go to SETTINGS and check Enable AutoDownloads.
Clear cache or Clear data
- Go to the settings for the mobile device.
- Select Apps or Applications.
- Select Zinio.
- Select Clear cache or Clear data. This is much like resetting the app and may require logging in again and customizing settings, if appropriate.
Uninstall and reinstall the app
- It is always possible that the Zinio app has been updated. Sometimes apps will prompt you when there’s an update, and other times you have to go to the appropriate app store to uninstall/reinstall.
Contact Zinio support
- Contact the experts who developed the app. Visit the Zinio Contact Us page or try calling customer service at 888-946-4666.