Q: Where can I recycle materials in Johnson County?

Johnson County Recycling and Disposal has information about various kinds of recycling and hazardous waste disposal in Johnson County.

Additionally, there is city-specific recycling information:

Mission Hills
Overland Park
Prairie Village

Additional Resources

Bridging the Gap operates several service centers. Items that can be taken can be found here, and locations here.
We have verified with Bridging the Gap that paperback books can be recycled as is. Hardback books can be recycled if the covers are taken off first.

RecycleSpot.org helps users find recycling centers based on the material that needs recycling, or by location.

Ripple Glass offers a glass recycling throughout the Metro area. Check the website for locations. Glass does not need to be sorted or have labels removed prior to recycling.

Hazardous Waste Recycling

Johnson County residents can contact the Johnson County Environmental Department at 913-715-6900 for an appointment and directions to the site. The website features upcoming recycling events.

KCMO residents can check Jackson County Household Hazardous Waste for locations and numbers to make appointments. 

Olathe residents can visit the location at 1420 S. Robinson Dr. the 2nd Saturday of the month, 8:00 AM - Noon, year round without appointments. Or, residents may call 913-971-9311 to schedule an appointment during the week.
Last Updated: Oct 26, 2017     Views: 140
Answered By: Bryan Voell