Q: I'm looking for an obituary for my aunt who lived in Overland Park. Can you help me find a copy?

You can search the Johnson County Obituary Index and request a copy be sent to you. The index contains obituaries from Kansas City and Johnson County newspapers dating from the late 19th century to the present. If you do not find the name you are looking for in our online index, our Johnson County Genealogical Society volunteers will do their best to find it. You can email them using this form

This service is free of charge. Please allow 21 days to receive your copy. Volunteers prefer to deliver obits via email. If you do not have an email you will receive a copy via the U.S. Postal Service.

Last Updated: Oct 26, 2017     Views: 101
Answered By: Melody Kinnamon