Q: Where can I get legal aid in Kansas?

For legal advice and representation for low income and disadvantaged Kansans, contact:
Kansas Legal Services for your local office.

The Kansas Bar Association, The Kansas Bar Foundation, and Kansas Legal Services, Inc. offer access to the legal system as a public service.

Some of the services offered are:

  • Free legal information
  • Lawyer referral service
  • Reduced fee plan for people living on low incomes
  • Legal services for people with low incomes 
    Lawyer Referral Service
    To contact a lawyer with experience in a particular area, contact the Kansas Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service
    Reduced Fee Plan
    People living on limited incomes with a variety of legal cases are provided service by Kansas Bar Association members for a reduced fee.

For a pamphlet, contact the KBA office at:
1200 SW Harrison St.
Topeka, KS 66612

Or Call: 785-234-5696

For assistance with family law cases: Johnson County District Court Help Center

The Help Center is located on the first floor on the east side of the courthouse and will be open from 8:30 am until 5:00 pm Monday through Friday when the courthouse is open.  The courthouse is located at 100 N. Kansas Avenue, Olathe KS 66061.

The Help Center is designed to meet the needs of citizens who are unable to afford legal representation. Clients involved in family law cases can locate fill out and file paperwork and forms. Qualifying individuals may obtain limited legal assistance from Kansas Legal Services two days per week, currently onl Tuesdays and Fridays. 

Last Updated: Oct 26, 2017     Views: 551
Answered By: Marty Johannes