Q: What kind of materials can I donate to the library
What we can accept
- Hardback and paperback books for adults and children
- Fiction and nonfiction books
- Coffee table books on any subject
- DVD movies and instructional videos
- Music and Books on CD
- Cookbooks, craft books, auto repair manuals and instruction books
- Bibles and religious books
- Blank Journals.
- LP albums (accepted only at sorting center)
Sorry, we cannot accept
- Home-recorded audiovisual items
- Encyclopedias over 10 years old
- Items that are defaced, damaged, deteriorating or have missing pages.
Please contact the Friends of the Library for more information: 913-826-4322.
You can still donate materials at most of our library locations. DeSoto, Spring Hill, and Edgerton are unable to accept any donations.
If you have a larger amount (more than one box or bag), please make an appointment with the Friends of the Library to take the materials directly to the sorting center.
Please call 913-492-4791 to set up an appointment and get directions.