Q: Does the Library proctor tests?
No, the Johnson County Library does not offer test proctoring.
The Johnson County Community College Testing Lab provides a proctored environment for the administration of correspondence/distance learning exams as a service to the community. However, because the exams are administered in an open lab and utilize limited resources, some restrictions exist related to the type of exam accepted and the timing of the administration. Please check with JCCC to see if your exam fits their criteria for proctoring, call 913-469-4439.
- Examinees must present a current photo identification at the time of testing.
- All examinees (with the exception of KC REACHE students) must pay a proctor fee. The fee is $25 per test for tests with an allocated time limit of three hours or less; $50 (per test) for tests with an allocated time limit of greater than three hours. Acceptable payment includes credit card or debit card or online check.
- Examinees must begin and end the test within the regularly scheduled hours of the testing lab and within the dates allotted for their correspondence/distance learning tests.
Other businesses who offer this service for a fee include:
- Classical Learning Centers for Homeschoolers: 816-810-7375
- Johnson County Community College Testing Lab: 913-469-4439. Does not offer proctoring for business exams.
- Sylvan Learning Center in Lee's Summit: 816-525-4500. Ask for Tricia.