Skip to Questions

Answers - How can we help today?

Useful Tip: Start typing to find answers now. If your question hasn't been asked yet, just send it our way.

Where can I go for affordable health insurance for children in Kansas?

Last Updated: Dec 17, 2013  |  6 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


The Kansas Department of Health and Environment oversees various health and insurance programs, including the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).  CHIP provides health care coverage for low-income children living in families with incomes that exceed Medicaid limits.  

Health services are purchased through either a managed care model or a fee-for-service model.  The KanCare program is the State of Kansas’ managed care program.  KanCare is provided to all Medicaid and CHIP consumers.  For more information about programs and eligibility requirements, visit the Kansas Department of Health and Environment's page on KanCare and Medicaid.

Answered by Kinsley RiggsBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Contact Us

    • a small icon
      Call us at (913) 826-4600
    • a small icon
      En EspaƱol
      (913) 826-4648
    • a small icon
      Kansas Relay Operator
      (800) 766-3777
    • a small icon
      Text us at (913) 667-7523
    • a small icon
      Email us at
    • a small icon