Skip to Questions

Answers - How can we help today?

Useful Tip: Start typing to find answers now. If your question hasn't been asked yet, just send it our way.

I want an item that is not on the shelf at my local library. How can I get it?

Last Updated: Jul 29, 2014  |  422 Views

Was this helpful? 1   1


If an item is checked out or located at another branch, you can place a hold and have it sent to the location of your choice.

  • Place holds in the Library catalog, in person or on the phone by calling (913) 826-4600.
  • We will notify you when the item is available for pickup and place it on our hold shelf for seven days.
  • You may have up to 30 active holds on your library account at any given time.

If you would like to request materials not owned by Johnson County or Olathe Public Library, you can request an Interlibrary Loan (Johnson County residents only).

Answered by Monica DBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Contact Us

    • a small icon
      Call us at (913) 826-4600
    • a small icon
      En EspaƱol
      (913) 826-4648
    • a small icon
      Kansas Relay Operator
      (800) 766-3777
    • a small icon
      Text us at (913) 667-7523
    • a small icon
      Email us at
    • a small icon