Skip to Questions

Answers - How can we help today?

Useful Tip: Start typing to find answers now. If your question hasn't been asked yet, just send it our way.

Can I interlibrary loan special types of materials?

Last Updated: Nov 19, 2014  |  136 Views

Was this helpful? 2   0


Dissertations and theses:
Some Ph.D. dissertations and Master's theses are available for loan; placing a request is worthwhile.

Census materials:
Microfilm of older Kansas state census records (more than 72 years old) and the Soundex index for older U.S. censuses are available through Interlibrary Loan.

Complete the "ILL Lending Request" form online.

Newspapers on microfilm:
It is possible to borrow microfilm of many newspapers through Interlibrary Loan. Frequently there is a charge and a limit as to the number of reels available at one time. Requests for Kansas newspapers can take several months, because of the low overall limit on reels the Library can borrow at one time (6).

Complete the "ILL Lending Request" form online.

Genealogy materials:
There are a few libraries that loan genealogical materials. When requesting, please state specific information wanted, as a library might provide a photocopy of that section.

Answered by Kari SimeBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Contact Us

    • a small icon
      Call us at (913) 826-4600
    • a small icon
      En EspaƱol
      (913) 826-4648
    • a small icon
      Kansas Relay Operator
      (800) 766-3777
    • a small icon
      Text us at (913) 667-7523
    • a small icon
      Email us at
    • a small icon