Skip to Questions

Answers - How can we help today?

Useful Tip: Start typing to find answers now. If your question hasn't been asked yet, just send it our way.

Where can I go for GED preparation or other adult education classes?

Last Updated: Dec 14, 2016  |  717 Views

Was this helpful? 1   0


The Johnson County Adult Education (JCAE) department of Johnson County Community College offers Adult Basic Education (ABE) and General Education Development (GED) tests and preparation classes at or near many of our library locations. For more information, contact one of the following sites:

JCAE also offers College Readiness Bridge Classes and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.

Johnson County Adult Education is a partnership of the Johnson County Community College and Johnson County Library.

We also offer various eLearning resources that include preparation materials and practice tests. Easily access these with your Library card number and PIN/password.

Other options for GED Preparation:

For testing only, you can try Metropolitan Community College HiSET testing.

If you don't find a location near you, call the State Department of Education.

Answered by Kinsley RiggsBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (1)

  1. GED test preparation is available in our UNIVERSAL CLASS database and in Learning Express Library database
    by Adam Wathen on Jul 10, 2014.

Contact Us

  • a small icon
    Call us at (913) 826-4600
  • a small icon
    En EspaƱol
    (913) 826-4648
  • a small icon
    Kansas Relay Operator
    (800) 766-3777
  • a small icon
    Text us at (913) 667-7523
  • a small icon
    Email us at
  • a small icon