Skip to Questions

Answers - How can we help today?

Useful Tip: Start typing to find answers now. If your question hasn't been asked yet, just send it our way.

Where can I find listings of foreclosure properties?

Last Updated: May 26, 2015  |  16 Views

Was this helpful? 0   0


There are two ways to get information on foreclosures in Johnson County:

  1. The Legal Record publishes them in their Public Notices section. The way that you can tell that it is a foreclosure notice is that there is usually a bank or mortgage company at the top of the notice and then further down you'll see Notice of Sale. Before a foreclosed property can be sold, the Public Notice about the property must be published three times. There is a second section of the Legal Record that libraries are not allowed to include in their subscription. Information about deeds and mortgages are included in this second section. It is possible for an individual to subscribe. An annual print subscription runs about $250.00 for both sections.
  2. The second (more cumbersome) way to get foreclosure info is to go to Johnson County Governemnt. Click on Agencies and Departments, then on Sheriff's Office, then on Upcoming Foreclosure Sales, then on Pending Sales. You'll see a listing with foreclosure records, with a case number noted. If you take the case numbers to the Clerk of the District Court, located in the Olathe courthouse, then you can see the case file which provides the address and records associated with the foreclosure.
Answered by Monica DBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Contact Us

    • a small icon
      Call us at (913) 826-4600
    • a small icon
      En EspaƱol
      (913) 826-4648
    • a small icon
      Kansas Relay Operator
      (800) 766-3777
    • a small icon
      Text us at (913) 667-7523
    • a small icon
      Email us at
    • a small icon